For more than a decade, Epson has set the standard by which all other photographic printing technologies are measured. So, when our engineers decided to develop the ultimate printing technology for Corporate Graphics and Display Signage applications, we focused on three main goals - Performance, Precision, and Brilliance.
Introducing the all-new Epson Stylus Pro 7700 and 9700 printers
The Epson Stylus Pro 7700 (24-inch) and Epson Stylus Pro 9700 (44-inch) incorporate our latest achievements in high-performance ink jet printing. By combining the extreme precision of our MicroPiezo TFP™ print head, with the extraordinary performance of Epson UltraChrome® Vivid Magenta Ink, our newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro printers represent a level of printing technology unprecedented within the Corporate Graphics and Display Signage markets.
Our advanced Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of producing extremely precise text and line-art, along with brilliant photographic quality prints, at speeds almost twice as fast as our previous generation. And, with our latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are virtually eliminated.
Epson UltraChrome Vivid Magenta represents our latest generation of pigment ink technology. Utilizing four colors - including dual-black ink technology - Epson UltraChrome VM Ink produces industry-leading color with true archival capability. Even more remarkable, when combined with our new Epson AccuPhoto™ HD screening technology, Epson has once again raised the level of photographic print quality, while setting a new benchmark standard for line-art precision reproduction and color accuracy.
With every new introduction of an Epson Stylus Pro 7700 we continue to innovate and refine the overall printing experience. Whether producing high-resolution architectural plans, high-impact business presentations, or brilliant display signage, never before have Corporate and Creative Professionals had such powerful tools, allowing them to print their vision without compromise.
The Epson Stylus Pro 7700 (24-inch) and Epson Stylus Pro 9700 (44-inch) printers incorporate our latest achievements in high-performance ink jet printing. By combining the extreme precision of our MicroPiezo TFP™ print head, with the extraordinary performance of Epson UltraChrome® Vivid Magenta Ink, our newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro printers represent a level of printing technology unprecedented within the Corporate Graphics and Display Signage markets.
High-Precision Ten-Channel Epson MicroPiezo TFP™ Print Head
- High-Precision Ten-Channel Epson MicroPiezo® TFP™ Print Head
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of extreme dot placement accuracy
- One-inch wide, high performance print head with 720 nozzles per color
- Extreme line accuracy of +/- 0.1% at line weights as low as 28 micrometers
- Auto-switching dual-black ink technologies - Photo and Matte Black
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- All-new ink repelling coating for dramatically reduce nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
Epson AccuPhoto™ HD Screening
- Advanced four-color screening algorithm resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- Maximum resolution of 1440 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow details
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic and vector-based print quality is dramatically improved
* Photographic graininess could still be visible if present in the actual file being printed.
Epson PreciseColor™ Manufacturing
In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Epson Stylus Pro 7700 of the same model, Epson has refined the manufacturing process to include colorimetric calibration. Eliminating the need for internal calibration devices, this system evaluates and adjusts each printer's performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print.
Automatic Nozzle Verification and Cleaning
- Embedded sensors quickly verify nozzle status without using media and automatically cleans the print head if required
Automatic Print Head Alignment
- Built-in sensor performs highly precise alignments of all color channels
- Aligns both single- and bi-directional print modes
Epson UltraChrome with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- Next Generation Four-Color Pigment-Based Ink System
- Unique High Dynamic Range (HDR) pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Four-color printing system including dual-black ink technology
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HD screening technology
- Produces true archival prints up to 200 years1
- Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Exceptional black density up to a D-max of 2.6 with an L* value as low as ~3.02
Dmax and L* values are based on Epson
Premium Semigloss Photo Paper (250)
Automatic Dual-Black Ink Modes
With both Photo and Matte Black ink cartridges installed simultaneously, the Epson Stylus Pro 7700 and 9700 series printers automatically utilize the optimal black ink mode, delivering maximum black density for the chosen media.
The standard Photo Black ink mode can be used for any media type with professional results. However, for certain media types such as plain bond and tracing papers
, using the Matte Black ink mode will dramatically increase your black optical density and sharpness for even better print quality.
Professional Media Handling
- Compatible with virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheet, up to 24 or 44 inches wide
- Accurate loading of cut-sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick posterboard
- All media is front-loaded via a unique straight-through media path
- Printer and driver based media identification and synchronization system for virtually error-free media use
- Media bin safely captures multiple prints up to 24" x 36" or 44" x 36"
- Optional Automatic Take-up Reel System for unattended production of large print runs (available on the Epson Stylus Pro 9700 only)
Epson ePlaten™ Media Loading Technology
- Accurate automatic media loading, movement, skew adjustment, and tracking
- Electronically controlled roll media back tension
- Automatic roll media rewind upon media release
- Simplifies the overall roll and cut-sheet media loading process
Spindle-Free Roll Media Loading
- User-adjustable roll media adapters accept either 2- or 3-inch media cores
- Simple tension lever ensures quick and secure media core loading
- Designed with Epson ePlaten Technology for highly accurate roll media usage
- Additional media adapter pairs available as an accessory for efficient roll media switching
Roll Media Length Tracking and Identification System
- Realtime automatic remaining roll media length counter
- Auto bar code tagging of remaining roll media information for faster reloading
- Very useful for tracking partially used media rolls
- System can be disabled if not required by your workflow
High Performance Rotary Cutting System
- Durable rotary cutter, designed to be virtually maintenance free
- High performance cutting speeds - cuts 24" to 44" wide rolls in under two seconds
- Off-carriage cutting system eliminates media dust within critical components
High Performance Print Engine Speeds
Utilizing our latest print head technology, Epson Stylus Pro 7700
series printers are among the fastest wide-format printers in the industry.
Popular Poster Print Size Speeds
||16" x 20"
||20" x 30"
||40" x 60" (9900 only)
||Ft2 per Hour
|Draft - 360 dpi HS*
|Fine - 720 dpi HS*
|SuperPhoto - 1440 dpi HS*
|Popular CAD Plot Size Speeds
||C-Size Plot (17" x 22")
||D-Size Plot (22" x 34")
|Draft - 360 dpi HS*
|Fine - 720 dpi HS*
|SuperPhoto - 1440 dpi HS*
* HS = High-Speed Print Mode (Bi-directional Print Mode) | Print speeds are shown in min:sec
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- Pressurized ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges
- Five individual ink cartridges; available in 150 ml, 350 ml, and 700 ml fill capacities
- On-the-fly ink cartridge replacement for increased productivity
- Mix and match across all three ink cartridge sizes
To view the specifications and more features of the Epson Stylus Pro 7700 please follow the link
For more information and independent studies on media durability by Wilhelm Research